She has been married twice and has three children from her first marriage; Andreas, Stefanos and Giorgos. The family lives permanently in Los Angeles, California but pay frequent visits over in Greece to visit relatives. Corinna is currently married to Freddie Fields, brother of band leader Shep Fields.
On June 20, 1964, Corinna was crowned Miss Star Hellas, and moved on to represent Greece at the 1964 Miss Universe pageant in Miami, Florida. At the event she beats out Miss Israel, Miss Great Britain and Miss Sweden to be crowned Miss Universe bringing the title to Greece for the very first time. She has returned several times to judge the pageant since then.
1964 Miss Universe Pageant
The pageant results were:
- Miss Universe: Corinna Tsopei
- 1st runner-up: Brenda Blackler, England
- 2nd runner-u: Ronit Rinat, Israel
- 3rd runner-up: Siv Marta Aberg, Sweden
- 4th runner-up: Lana Yi Yu, Rep.Of China
Maria Amelia Ramirez (Argentina),Olga Monica Carpio Oropeza (Bolivia), Angela Teresa Pereira de Vasconcellos (Brazil),Sirpa Wallenius (Finland), Edith Noel (France), Emanuela Stramana (Italy), Jorunn Nystedt Barun (Norway), Miriam Riart Brugada (Paraguay), Bobbi Johnson (USA), Mercedes Revenga de la Rosa (Venezuela)
According to reports, Corinne Tsopei was an incessant eater and it was claimed that she ate potatoes three times a day. Her appetite a constant topic of conversation.
After the event she went on to pursue a movie career appearing in a few Hollywood movies and television series such as A Man Called Horse, Daniel Boone, Lost in Space, Valley of the Dolls and A Guide for the Married Man starring Walter Matthau and Inger Stevens.
- Psihi kai sarka (1974) as Ellie Ralli [aka Esy kai ego (Greece)]
- A Man Called Horse (1970) as Running Deer
- The Sweet Ride (1968) asTennis girl
- "Daniel Boone" as Yellow Knife's Daughter (1 episode, 1968) - The Flaming Rocks (1968) TV
- "Lost in Space" as Princess Reyka (1 episode, 1967) - Castles in Space (1967) TV Episode
- Valley of the Dolls (1967) (uncredited) as Telethon telephone girl
- A Guide for the Married Man (1967) (uncredited) as Girl on Wilshire Blvd.
Apart from her beauty pageant work and acting career Corinna also is a Chairman on an organisation for children that suffers from leukaemia.