Papamichail studied acting in the Drama School of the National Theatre and made his dubt in the theatre in 1955 in Euripides' Hecuba. He continued playing in the theatre until 1960. In 1959, while working on the film "Astero", he met actress Aliki Vougiouklaki. This was the start of a rollercoaster romance which ended in holy matrimony in 1965. The couple starred together in several films of the "golden era" of Greek cinema. Their marriage was blessed with a son, Yiannis, but did not last long. After their divorce, Papamichail returned to the theatre. He died on August 8, 2004.
- 1956: The Lover of the young shepherdess.
- 1957: The Aunt from Chicago.
- 1959: Astero (with Aliki Vougiouklaki)
- 1959: Smacking came from Heaven.
- 1960: Mandalena
- 1960: NEVER ON A SUNDAY (He played a young English sailor)
- 1961: Aliki joins the Navy
- 1962: Don't fall in Love on a Saturday.
- 1963: The Red Lights (with Vougiouklaki's main competitor - Jenny Karezi!)
- 1965: A modern-day Cinderella
- 1966: My Daughter the Socialist.
- 1967: Dimitri, my Dimitri.
- 1967: Caught between two Women
- 1968: The blonde Teacher
- 1968: The story-teller
- 1970: Lieutenant Natassa
- 1971: Papaflessas
- 1972: Aliki the Dictator
- 1972: Till the last moment.
- 1974: Dream Lovers
- 1978: The cry of the Women
- 1981: Second-class Citizens.
- 1981: Wild Chickens
- 1996: Towards Freedom