Jump to navigation Jump to search
Georgios Gennimatas was a Greek politician of the post-1974 period.
Gennimatas was born in 1939 in Athens. He studied Civil Engineering in the Polytechnic Institute and, from 1974 until 1978, was President of the Union of Greek Civil Engineers.
Gennimatas was first elected to the Hellenic Parliament in 1981 under the banner of the Panhellenic Socialist Movement (PASOK).
He served as:
- Minister for the Interior (1981-1984)
- Minister for Health and Social Solidarity (1984-1987)
- Minister for Labour (1987-1989)
- Minister for Economy (1989-1990 and 1993-1994)
- Minister for Finance (1993-1994)