- 1790: Lambros Katsonis loses 6 ships in a battle against the Turkish navy off the coast of Andros. He escapes, wounded, to Melos with only two ships.
- 1821: Greek revolutionaries, under Nikitaras, defeat the Turkish army at the Battle of Doliana.
- 1825: General Theodoros Kolokotronis is pardoned by the revolutionary government and re-instated as commander of the Greek forces in Peloponnesus.
- 1963: French President, Charles De Gaulle, visits Greece and speaks in the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1978: PM Constantine Karamanlis refuses to submit the entry of Greece into the EU to a referendum.
- 1990: 17-year old footballer, Yiannis Tsatsanis - nicknamed "Marcellino" - is kidnapped for ransom. Three months later, he will be found dead near Skourta, Boeotia.
- 2009: Alexander the Great is named "the greatest Greek of all time" in a poll of viewers of Sky TV. Surprisingly, Dr George Papanicolaou wins second place while Theodoros Kolokotronis finishes third.