- 325: The First Council of Nicaea commences.
- 1825: The Battle of Maniaki takes place, Grigoris Papaflessas is killed
- 1941: The Battle of Crete begins.
- 2006: Sakis Rouvas and Maria Menounos host the only Eurovision contest to be held in Athens which Finnish group "Lordi" win.
- 2008: Greece recalled all sunflower oil imported since January after a Ukrainian batch was found to be tainted with mineral oil.
- 1962: AEK score one of the greatest away wins in Alpha Ethniki history as they demolish Panelefsiniakos 8-3. Kostas Nestoridis scores four of the goals, Andreas Stamatiadis two with Aris Tsachouridis and Dimitris Zagylos contributing the other two.
- 1768: Andreas Miaoulis, Greek admiral during the War of Independence
- 1931: George Vasiliou, Cypriot politician and President.
- 1935: Marinella, popular Greek singer
- 1967: Former Crown Prince Pavlos
- 1982: Michalis Stamatoyiannis, shot put athlete