- 1821: Greek revolutionaries take Arta during the War of Independence.
- 1864: The new constitution of Greece is published.
- 1922: Seven high-ranking members of the Laiko Party and General Georgios Hadjianestis go before a military court on charges of high treason for their role in the Asia Minor disaster.
- 1972: The Vardinoyiannis family put into operation the oil refineries of Corinth.
- 1979: PM Constantine Karamanlis visits the PR of China.
- 2002: The Greek tanker "Prestige" sinks off the coast of northern Spain causing an ecological disaster.
- 1932: Olympiakos thrash Panathinaikos 6-1 in a Greek Cup game.
- 1963: APOEL FC set a negative European record as they lose to Sporting Lisbon 16-1 in the first leg of the second round of the Cup Winners' Cup.
- 1572: Ecumenical Patriarch Cyril Lucaris
- 1888: Antonios Sochos, sculptor.
- 1956: Anna Verouli, athlete.