Iovan Tsaous was born in 1893 and was from Kastamoni in Pontus. As an Ottoman citizen he did his national service with the rank of a sergeant. (Yovan is the turkish version of the name Yiannis and çavuş is the turkish word for sergeant). After the Asia Minor Disaster, he came to Greece as a refugee and settled at Piraeus where he worked as a sewmaker. He died in October 1942 of food poisoning along with his wife.
- Pente Magges sto Peiraia
- Vlamissa (Βλάμισσα)
- Diamanto alaniara (Διαμάντω αλανιάρα)
- Yovan Tsaous (Τσαούς)
- Gelasmenos (Γελασμένος)
- Paraponiountai oi Magkes (Παραπονιούνται οι μάγκες)
- Katadikos (Κατάδικος)
- Maggissa (Μάγκισσα)
- Se Mia Mikroula (Σε μια μικρούλα)
- I Eleni I Zontochira (Η Ελένη η ζωντοχήρα)
- O Prezakias (Ο πρεζάκιας)
- Ego Thelo Priggipessa (Εγώ θέλω πριγκηπέσσα) = I Want The Princess
- Drosati Peloponnisos (Δροσάτη Πελοπόννησος)
It said that his wife Aikaterini Charmoutzi (Αικατερίνη Χαρμουτζή) helped in writing his songs.