Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1941: Gen. Georgios Tsolakoglou is sworn in as PM of occupied Greece.
- 1942: The Greek government announces that bread will be distributed three times a week. Each person possessing the appropriate coupon will be entitled to 80 drams (250 grams) of bread each time.
- 1949: Two new prefectures are formed by law: Corinthia and Pieria.
- 1954: A major earthquake (7.0 on the Richter scale) strikes Thessaly leaving 25 dead and 117 injured.
- 1925: Olympiakos take the field for the first time ever in a friendly match against the crew of the French warship "Jeanne d'Arc". The Piraeus club triumphs 5-0.
- 1960: Greece defeat Israel 2-1 thanks to two late Babis Serafeidis goals.
- 2011: AEK defeat Atromitos Athens 3-0 and win the Greek Football Cup.
- 1915: Nikos Gatsos, poet/writer.
- 1955: Demetra Liani, Olympic Airways hostess who married PM Andreas Papandreou.