Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1823: Lord Byron leaves Genoa for Greece.
- 1906: A pogrom takes place against the Greeks of Philippoupolis (Plovdiv), Eastern Rumelia.
- 1931: A severe gastroenteritis epidemic breaks out in Piraeus with 168 victims, mostly children under 2 years of age.
- 1972: Demetrius I is ordained Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1991: The Revolutionary Organization 17 November unsuccessfully attempt to murder Turkish Charge d' Affaires Deniz Bölükbaşı.
- 1989: Dimitris Koutsoukis breaks the Greek record in the shot put with 20.74m.
- 2009: Savvas Siatravanis becomes the youngest Greek footballer to play in a European competition. He was inserted as a late substitute in the Europe League match between KR Rejkjavik and AE Larisa FC.
- 1926: Andreas Karios, EOKA fighter.
- 1930: Michael Bilirakis, Greek-American politician.
- 1933: Mary Chronopoulou, actress.