Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1839: The cornerstone is laid on the building to house the University of Athens.
- 1941: Chrysanthus is removed as Archbishop of Athens after refusing to swear in the Georgios Tsolakoglou government.
- 1974: Archbishop Makarios III demands that Greece remove all its Cypriot National Guard officers except for 100 to remain in an advisory and training capacity.
- 1989: Tzannis Tzannetakis is sworn in as Prime Minister heading a curious coalition of conservatives and communists.
- 2007: Senior US diplomat to Cyprus, Tom Mooney, is found dead near Kalopanagiotis.
- 2007: The Athens Stock Exchange moves from 10 Sofokleous Street to Athens Avenue.
- 1933: Olympiakos clinch the 1933 Football Championship by defeating AEK 2-0 on a forfeit win. Olympiakos were ahead 3-2 when the game was interrupted due to fan trouble.
- 1906: Christos Tsaganeas, stage and screen actor
- 1939: Alexandros Panagoulis
- 1947: Nikos Apergis, actor, politician
- 1976: Christos Tsaganeas, stage and screen actor