Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1942: The Greek submarine "Triton" sinks a German tanker but is then itself sunk. 19 crew members perish.
- 1950: The Popular Party (Laiko Komma) breaks up after the defection of 25 MPs led by Stefanos Stefanopoulos.
- 1952: The Greek Rally Party of Field Marshall Alexandros Papagos triumphs in the general elections, winning nearly 80% of the seats in the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1964: Andreas Papandreou resigns as Minister in his father's cabinet.
- 1972: 44 persons die as tanker "World Hero" collides with Hellenic Navy vessel "Merlin" just 5 miles from the port of Piraeus.