Phantis:Selected anniversaries/June 29
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1875: Charilaos Trikoupis published his famous article "Who is to blame?" ("Tis ptaiei?") in Athens daily "Times" ("Kairoi") concerning the decadence of the government. The public outcry that followed brought down the Dimitrios Voulgaris government.
- 1917: Greece entered World War I.
- 1917: Eleftherios Venizelos declared King Constantine's abolition of the 1915 Parliament unconstitutional. He controversially brought back the 1915 Parliament which went down in history as "The Parliament of the Lazaroi".
- 2002: A bomb that detonated in the hands of Savvas Xeros started a chain reaction of arrests of Novermber 17th members.
- Births: Michalis Menidiatis, laika singer (1932)