Phantis:Selected anniversaries/March 13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1922: Kemal Ataturk turned down an offer of a ceasefire during the Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922) insisting that the Greek Army first vacate Asia Minor and Eastern Thrace.
- 1941: Italian attacks against the Greek positions in Albania ended in defeat.
- 1964: Turkey issued an ultimatum to the Cypriot government threatening to invade the island in 36 hours unless all Turkish Cypriot prisoners of the civil conflict were released and freedom of movement was restored.
- 1991: The Revolutionary Organization 17 November detonated a remote-controlled bomb that killed US Sgt. Ronald Stewart in Glyfada.
- 2020: Katerina Sakellaropoulou is sworn in as President of Greece.
- Births: Lambros Konstantaras, actor (1913), Vana Barba, actress (1966)
- Deaths: Zenon Rossides, Cypriot diplomat (1990).