Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1947: Dimitrios Maximos forms an all-inclusive government with political opponents Sophoklis Venizelos and Konstantinos Tsaldaris serving as his two vice-presidents
- 1962: Iakovos III resigns his post as Archbishop of Athens and all Greece.
- 2015: The radical left-wing SYRIZA party of Alexis Tsipras wins the parliamentary elections with 36.34% of the vote, gaining 149 seats in the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1998: Giorgos Vasilakopoulos replaces Zacharias Alexandrou as President of the Hellenic Basketball Federation (EOK). Alexandrou had been President from 1977.
- 1925: Giorgos Zambetas, Laiko composer and singer.
- 1938: Elias Papakyriakou, EOKA fighter.
- 1980: Stathis Tavlaridis, footballer
Saint Gregory Nazianzenus