- 336 BC: Philip II of Macedon is assassinated. He is succeeded by his son Alexander the Great.
- 1682: James abdicates the office of Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1906: During the Macedonian Struggle, Bulgarian guerrilas attack and destroy the Greek section of Anchialos, Eastern Rumelia.
- 1920: Two former officers - Tserepis and Kyriakis - fire ten shots at Eleftherios Venizelos at the train station of Lyon, France. The Greek PM escapes death.
- 1972: Archaeologists discover a 6th Century BC temple near Kalentzi, Achaea.
- 1974: Foreign ministers from Greece, Turkey and the UK sign a peace agreement to settle the Cyprus crisis.
- 1979: The professional football team of AEK is formed with Loukas Barlos the first president.
- 1996: Nikos Kaklamanakis wins the olympic gold in Mistral class at the Atlanta Olympics.
- 1998: Fanis Christodoulou announces his retirement from professional basketball.
- 2005: The Greek water polo team wins the bronze medal, the first medal in a big tournament, at the XI FINA World Championships in Montreal, Canada defeating Croatia with 11-10 at extra time.