Kakiouzis was born on November 29, 1976 in Athens. He began playing basketball at the age of 8 at Ionikos Nea Filadelfia Youth Academy. At the age of 15 he became a player of the National junior team. In 1992-93 he made his debut at Ionikos N.F., with which he played three seasons at the Greek second division. At the age of 18 he earned the title of 2nd scorer and rebounder of the Greek A2 League. He was in the squad that won Greece the gold in 1995 in the World Championship of junior teams. This was a stepping stone to his journey toward AEK. He had a fruitful stay at AEK, winning two Greek Cups and a Saporta Cup. He went on to play for Montepaschi SI and Winterthur FCB. Kakiouzis is currently with Cajasol Sevilla in the Spanish League.
- Ionikos NF (Greece): 1992-1995.
- AEK Athens (Greece): 1995-2002.
- Mens Sana Basket Siena (Italy): 2002-2005.
- Winterthur FCB (Spain): 2005 - 2007.
- Cajasol Sevilla (Spain): 2007 - present.
Kakiouzis has a younger brother, Yiannis, who is a basketball player of Ilisiakos (Greek first division).
- European championship winner in 1993 with the Junior National Team at Izmir.
- European cup winner (Saporta) with AEK at Lausanne in 2000.
- In 2000 became Greek cup winner with AEK.
- Participations at the 2000 All Star Game of the championship of ESAKE.
- 2001 Greek cup winner with AEK.
- 2002 Greek championship with AEK.
- Participation in Euroleague Stars in 2002.
- 2004 Italian SUPERCOPPA trophy.
- 2004 Italy's Championship with Siena.
- Member of the 2004 best 5 Community players of Italian championship, as they were voted by the authors of Eurobasket.com.
- Eurobasket 2005 Champion with the National Basketball Team of Greece.