- 1826: French philhellene Charles Fabvier breaks through Turkish positions and supplies the besieged Greeks at Athens.
- 1947: Greece votes against the partition of Palestine. The resolution, however, passes in the UN by 33 to 13 with 10 abstentions.
- 1964: A deadly mine explosion - possibly left from the war - during the 22nd anniversary celebrations of the sabotage of the bridge of Gorgopotamos, results in the death of 13 people. Another 51 were seriously injured.
- 1967: The Pipinelis - Caglayangil accord temporarily halts the Greco-Turkish tension over Cyprus. As part of the accord, Greece was obligated to withdraw the division sent by Georgios Papandreou in 1964.
- 1992: A new tax is set by the government. This new tax is to be paid annually by owners of real estate properties and is called ...Real Estate Tax.
- 2009: Antonis Samaras is elected leader of the New Democracy party from the first round. His main opponent was former Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis
- 1861 (NS): Spyridon Samaras, composer of the Olympic anthem.
- 1931: Rigas Efsthathiadis athlete (pole vault)
- 1931: Yiannis Karabesinis, laika composer and songwriter.
- 1976: Michalis Kakiouzis, basketball player
- 1980: Elias Kasidiaris, Golden Dawn spokesman