- 1904: Theodoros Modis, a leading member of the "Committee for the Defence of Monastir", is murdered by Bulgarian agents during the Macedonian Struggle.
- 1912: A conference convenes in Volos to discuss the agrarian problems in Thessaly. The mandatory break-up of large farms ("cifliks") and redistribution to farmers is decided.
- 1921: Eleftherios Venizelos - a widower - weds Elena Skilitsi in London.
- 1943: German occupation troops execute 42 Greeks at Gdochia, Lasithi prefecture, Crete.
- 1943: German occupation troops execute 19 Greeks at Myrtos, Lasithi prefecture, Crete.
- 1944: ELAS Guerrilas attack and capture Meligala, Messinia. Atrocities follow.
- 1976: AEK kick off their UEFA Cup campaign with a 2-0 victory over Dinamo Moscow. They will eventually reach the semi-finals of the Cup for the first time in their history.
- 2009: APOEL play their first game in the CL Group Stage and come away with a 0-0 draw against Atletico Madrid in Estadio Vicente Calderon.