- 1687: A Venetian shell explodes and partially destroys the Parthenon in Athens.
- 1932: Panagis Tsaldaris' Laiko Komma wins the Greek general elections.
- 1943: The RHS Vasilissa Olga is sunk off the coast of Leros by German bombers.
- 1944: EAM/ELAS and EDES agree in Caserta, Italy, to place their men under the command of British Maj. Gen. Ronald Skobie.
- 1964: The Vatican returns the skull of Saint Andrew to Patra.
- 1989: MP Pavlos Bakoyiannis is slain outside his office by members of the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November.
- 2000: Passenger ship "Express Samina" sinks off the coast of Paros. 80 persons are drowned.