Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 28: Russian forces under Aleksey Grigoryevich Orlov, arrive in Mani setting off a rebellion by Greeks against the Ottoman Empire.
- March 1: Maniotes liberate Kalamata during the "Orlov Events".
- March 3: Maniotes liberate Pylos during the "Orlov Events".
- March 21: Maniotes and Russians occupy Kyparissia.
- March 25: Daskaloyiannis raises the flag of revolution at Sfakia, Crete during the "Orlov Events".
- April 4: Greek forces under Skyloyiannis Mavromichalis are overwhelmed, after a heroic resistance, by the Turks at Melipyrgos, Messinia, during the "Orlov Events".
- April 3: Theodoros Kolokotronis, Greek general in the Greek War of Independence
- April 27: Sir Edward Codrington, British admiral at the Battle of Navarino