Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1688: James abdicates the office of Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1770: Maniotes liberate Pylos during the "Orlov Events".
- 1878: Turkish forces burn Litochoro, Pieria.
- 1948: Manolis Glezos goes on trial for his political convictions.
- 1957: The Battle of Machairas concludes in the early hours of the morning, with the death by burning of Grigoris Afxentiou.
- 2003: The trial of the arrested Revolutionary Organization 17 November members commences at Korydallos.
- 1974: Olympiakos thrash Fostiras 11-0 in a Greek League match at Karaiskaki Stadium. Nikos Gioutsos and Yves Triantafillos score 3 goals each.
- 1976: Tasos Mitropoulos makes his Alpha Ethniki debut with Ethnikos Piraeus. His career will end 22 years later.
- 1985: The 16th European Indoor Athletics Championships conclude in Peace & Friendship Stadium. Just before the start, SEGAS has withdrawn 5 of its champions because of suspicions of doping
- 1989: The general manager of Levadiakos, Kalomiris, is caught in the attempt to bribe the referee for the match between Levadiakos and Larisa.
- 1993: Alexandros Terzian breaks Vasilis Papageorgopoulos' 60m indoor record in Sevilla, Spain with 6.59.
- 2000: Olympiakos face Ethnikos at the Greek water polo cup final for the first time in 44 years. Ethnikos win 12-11 in overtime
- 2003: Former Olympiakos Norwegian midfielder (1982-85), Roger Albertsen, dies of cancer aged 46
- 2021: PAS Giannina beats Panathinaikos 1-2 in Athens to win 2-4 on aggregate in the quarterfinals and eliminate them from the Greek Football Cup.
- 1851: Alexandros Papadiamantis, writer
- 1891: Archbishop Damaskinos
- 1945: Arleta, Neo Kyma singer
- 1945: George Miller, Greek-Australian producer, director
- 1963: Sophia Aliberti, actress
- 1982: Stella Papadopoulou, athlete (hammer throw)