Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1913: The first massacre at Doxato takes place during the Second Balkan War, as Bulgarian troops kill 650 inhabitants of this Drama prefecture town before burning it to the ground. A second massacre would take place in the same town during World War II (see September 29).
- 1919: The Greek Army evacuates Aydini.
- 1930: The Law School of the University of Thessaloniki is established.
- 1948: A strong earthquake (6.4 on the Richter scale) strikes Lefkada adding to the destruction of another earthquake on April 22 of the same year.
- 1955: EOKA fighter, Markos Drakos, is arrested by the British. He will escape three months later.
- 1972: The Military Government of Greece passes a "quickie divorce" law.
- 1984: Thessaloniki is twinned with Lemesos, Cyprus.
- 1993: Russian President Boris Yeltsin visits Greece.