Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 480 BC: The Battle of Salamis takes place.
- 1931: Bank of Greece governor Alexandros Diomedes resigns after a disagreement with PM Eleftherios Venizelos over monetary policy.
- 1937: The engagement of Crown Prince Paul and Princess Frederika is officially announced.
- 1946: King George II is officially recalled to the throne after a very controversial referendum.
- 1962: A strong earthquake (6.8 on the Richter scale) strikes Corinth and the surrounding area.
- 1989: The Hellenic Parliament decides that former PM Andreas Papandreou and four of his cabinet members should stand trial over the Koskotas scandal.
- 1983: Olympiakos defeat Ajax Amsterdam 2-0 at OAKA and advance in the Cup of Champions (first match 0-0 draw). Nikos Anastopoulos scores both goals in extra time.
- 2000: Kostas Kenteris wins the 200m race at the Sydney Olympic Games with a 20.09 performance.