Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 28: King Otto berates Ottoman Ambassador, Konstantinos Mousouros, on account of the latter's refusal to grant Tsamis Karatasos permission to visit Constantinople. Diplomatic relations between Greece and the Ottoman Empire were suspended for one year on account of this episode.
- February 3: The Ottoman Empire recalls its Ambassador to Greece, Konstantinos Mousouros.
- March 30: Greece recalls its Ambassador to Turkey, Emmanouil Argyropoulos.
- April 14: King Otto suspends Parliament and announces elections.
- Date Unknown: The Pacifico incident occurs. Several Athenians, riot and burn the property of Don Pacifico, a Portuguese Jew, whom they consider responsible for the banning of the Easter custom of burning Barabbas.
- September 17: Kitsos Tzavelas forms a government.
- August 31: Ioannis Kolettis, Statesman.