Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1920: Pavlos Kountouriotis is promoted to the rank of Admiral.
- 1996: The Revolutionary Organisation 17 November launch a mortar attack on the US Embassy in Athens.
- 1998: Glafkos Clerides is re-elected President of Cyprus.
- 1999: Kurdish rebel leader, Abdullah Ocalan, leaves the Greek Embassy in Kenya and is arrested by Kenyan officials who hand him over to the Turks. The event sparks reactions in Greece that lead to the resignation of three government ministers.
- 2010: A state of emergency is declared for Evros prefecture due to severe flooding.
- 1835: Dimitrios Vikelas, author, first President of the International Olympic Committee.
- 1919: Andreas Papandreou, politician
- 1930: Nico Minardos, Greek-American actor