Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1867: King George I arrives in Greece with his new bride Princess Olga of Russia, on board the steamship "Messolonghi".
- 1893: Charilaos Trikoupis forms a government.
- 1912: Greek forces enter Kastoria during the First Balkan War.
- 1942: Greeks in Istanbul are subjected to the Varlik Vergisi by the Turkish Parliament.
- 1950: A squadron of seven Greek Royal Airforce transport planes leave for the Korean War.
- 2007: George Papandreou clinches a landslide re-election, from the first round, in the PASOK party leadership internal election. Papandreou receives 60.03 percent, his main challenger, Evangelos Venizelos, only 33.54 percent. A third candidate, Costas Skandalidis, trails with 6.28 percent.
- 2011: Economist, Lucas Papademos, forms a government.
- 2018: Stefanos Tsitsipas wins the final of the Next Gen Finals in Milan.