Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1821: During the Greek Revolution, the First National Council meets at Epidaurus
- 1950: Nikos Belogiannis, member of the Central Committee of KKE, is arrested as he returns to Greece to help organize the party's structure.
- 1972: Charilaos Florakis is elected Chairman of the Communist Party of Greece (KKE), replacing Konstantinos Koligiannis who had resigned for health reasons.
- 1997: A Hellenic Air Force C-130 Hercules transport plane crashed while taking part in a search for a missing Ukrainian airliner that crashed three days earlier. All five crew members of the C-130 died.
- 1802: Dimitrios Voulgaris, Greek politician and Prime Minister
- 1898: Konstantinos Dovas, Greek general and Prime Minister
- 1957: Anna Vissi, singer