- 1880: Charilaos Trikoupis forms a government.
- 1912: Stavros Baretis assassinates Andreas Kopasis - the pro-Turkish governor of Samos.
- 1930: Prisoners in Greece go on strike demanding better food.
- 1949: Communists blow up the power station of Xylokastro but are slain by national forces.
- 1983: In a letter to the Police, an organisation called "Anti-terrorist Struggle" assumes responsibility for the murder of publisher Tzortzis Athanasiadis.
- 1987: Odysseus Angelis, a member of the junta of 1967-1974, is found hanged in his prison cell - a suicide.
- 1992: 20,000 Greeks demonstrate in Bonn, Germany, on the issue of Macedonia.
- 2010: Archbishop Chrysostomos II of Cyprus crosses into the Turkish-occupied north of Cyprus to visit the monasteries of Saint Barnabas and Saint Andrew.
- 1896: Charilaos Vasilakos wins the first marathon ever run with a time of 3hrs 17mins.
- 1997: Vouliagmeni win the European Cup-winners Cup in water polo by defeating Roma 7-6.
- 2009: Panathinaikos lose 3-1 sets to Russia's Lokomotiv-Belogorie Belgorod in the final of the CEV Cup.