Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 399 BC: Socrates drinks hemlock and dies.
- 1953: The Central Intelligence Agency of Greece (KYP) is established.
- 1959: PM Constantine Karamanlis pays an official visit to Turkey.
- 1964: Stelios Kazantzidis marries his singing partner Marinella.
- 1972: Vasilis Lymperis is found guilty and sentenced to death for the murder of his wife, two kids and mother in law on January 6.
- 1987: The first European Girls Rhythmics Championships are held in a fully-packed Peace and Friendship Stadium in Neo Faliro. It is the first time Greece holds a major-scale event in gymnastics.
- 2000: Greece ranks third at the European Tae Kwon Do championships in Patra, behind Turkey and Spain. Michalis Mouroutsos (58kgr), Giorgos Ionas (67kgr) and Elli Mystakidou (72kgr) win the gold medal, while Morfo Drossidou (67kgr), Kalliopi Papaioannou (63kgr) and Michalis Kotsopoulos (84kgr) the bronze.
- 2006: Vlasios Maras delighted the home crowd by winning high bars gold in the men's European Gymnastics Championships in Volos, Greece.