- 1886: Dimitrios Valvis forms a government.
- 1931: An attempted coup by supporters of Theodoros Pangalos is put down.
- 1944: 10 Greeks are hanged by the German occupation forces at Psila Alonia, Achaea prefecture. Several were members of the resistance group EAM.
- 1956: A huge protest in Athens, over the upcoming executions of Michalis Karaolis and Andreas Dimitriou, turns bloody as four protesters are killed and 164 are injured.
- 1968: MP Giorgis Tsarouchas (EDA) is killed in Thessaloniki after apparently being tortured during interrogation.
- 1989: Constantine Mitsotakis blames the PASOK government for the increase of terrorism in Greece.
- 1965: After 1,088 scoreless minutes, Takis Economopoulos finally concedes a goal. The last time they scored against him was January 17, 1965.
- 1872: Georg Ludwig von Maurer, one of King Otto's three Bavarian regents.
- 1947: Evripidis Bakirtzis, Prime Minister of the "free areas of Greece" during the Axis occupation.
- 2001: Nikos Sampson, Junta-appointed "President" of Cyprus
- 2009: Evgenios Spatharis, master of the shadow theatre (Karagiozis).
- 2009: Theodoros Exarchos, actor