Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1922: The Greek army evacuates Eastern Thrace followed by thousands of Greek and Armenian refugees
- 1923: A coup d'etat led by Generals Georgios Leonardopoulos and Panagiotis Gargalidis and Colonel Georgios Ziras breaks out.
- 1925: The Pangalos government in reaction to Bulgarian provocations, orders the advancement of Greek troops into Bulgarian grounds. They withdraw a week later under pressure from the League of Nations
- 1929: Fox Movietone Follies of 1929, the first motion picture with sound plays at the Attikon cinema in Athens
- 1957: Sir John Harding resigns as military governor of Cyprus
- 1987: Andreas Papandreou returns to Greece after successful heart surgery at Herfield in London, England.
- 1993: PASOK MP, Apostolos Kaklamanis, is elected President of the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1923: Pete Pihos, Greek-American National Football League player
- 1930: Toza Veselinovic, football coach
- 1933: Helmut Senekowitsch, football coach
- 1937: Manos Loizos, music composer, born at Alexandria, Egypt