- 811: The Bulgarians under Tsar Krum defeat the Byzantines at the Battle of Pliska.
- 1822: The Battle of Dervenakia takes place.
- 1920: King Alexander visits newly-liberated Adrianoupolis (Edirne).
- 1989: Fires destroy forrested areas of Mt Parnitha.
- 2001: A strong earthquake (6.4 on the Richter scale) causes damage to buildings in Skyros.
- 1925: PAOK play their first football match defeating Iraklis in Thessaloniki 2-1. The fourleaf clover, on the players' shirt, will be replaced by the two-headed eagle on 20/3/1929, when the team will merge with AEK Thessaloniki
- 1964: Christos Papanikolaou breaks the Greek record in pole vault with 4.73m in Cairo.
- 1996: Pyrros Dimas wins gold in the Atlanta Olympic Games.
- 2005: Anorthosis Famagusta defeat Trabzonspor 3-1 in Nicosia.
- 2009: The Greek U-20 basketball team defeat France 90-85 and win the European Championship.
- 1805: Konstantinos Broumidis, painter
- 1940: Tolis Voskopoulos, singer
- 1945: Panagiotis Pikrammenos, Prime Minister
- 1949: Walter Wagner, footballer
- 1966: Pambos Pittas, Cypriot footballer
- 1984: Kyriakos Ioannou, Cypriot athlete (high jump)