Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1821: The Battle of Valtetsi commences during the Greek War of Independence.
- 1947: The concentration camp at Makronisos is prepared for the incarceration of "suspicious persons"
- 1976: The Democratic Party of Cyprus (DI.KO.) is founded in Cyprus by Spiros Kyprianou.
- 2014: The European Court of Human Rights orders Turkey to pay €90 million in part compensation to Cyprus over the 1974 invasion of the island. €30 million are for damages to relatives of those missing in the invasion and €60 million for the enclaved Greek-Cypriot residents of the Karpasia peninsula.
- 1965: AEK draw 5-time European Champions Real Madrid 3-3 in a friendly before 29,000 fans. Mimis Papaioannou (2) and Kostas Papageorgiou score for the Greek side.
- 1999: For the first time in Greek basketball history a team (Aris) loses a game because two of its players (Angelidis, Muursep) fail to pass the anti-doping control.
- 2001: PAOK win their first title in 16 years after defeating Olympiakos 4-2 in the Greek Cup final at Nea Philadelphia Stadium.
- 2007: Rivaldo quits Olympiakos after negotiations for a contract extension break down.
- 2013: Olympiakos BC defeat Real Madrid 100-88 to win the Euroleague for the second year in a row.
- 2018: PAOK win the Greek Cup back to back after defeating AEK in the final with 2-0.
- 1939: Miltiades Ewert, politician, Mayor of Athens
- 1963: Panagiotis Fasoulas, basketball player, Mayor of Piraeus