Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1925: With an order, signed personally by General Theodoros Pangalos, women are forbidden to wear short dresses at any form of public appearances.
- 1940: The Greek Army enters Pogradec.
- 1942: Submarine Papanikolis, under Lt. N. Roussen, sinks an enemy communications ship.
- 1963: Archbishop Makarios III proposes 13 amendments to the constitution of Cyprus.
- 1966: The University of Patras is inaugurated.
- 1977: The Union of the Democratic Centre (EDIK) party elects Ioannis Zigdis as its leader.
- 2011: PAOK come away with a surprising 2-1 away victory over Tottenham Hotspur to seal their qualification into the knockout stages of the Europa League.
- Saint Andrew the Apostle