(Redirected from 21 April)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1949: Gregorios Staktopoulos is convicted of the murder of journalist, George Polk and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- 1961: Scientific research determines that the average life expectancy of a Greek male is 57 years and that of a Greek female is 62 years.
- 1963: MP Gregoris Lambrakis marches alone in the Marathon to Athens peace rally that was banned by the police.
- 1967: After a military coup, a Junta, led by George Papadopoulos, seizes power in Greece.
- 1967: Due to the colonels' coup d' etat all Greek football league matches are postponed. The championship will reopen on May 21
- 2019: PAOK wins its third Greek League title defeating Levadiakos with 5-0 in a packed Toumba Stadium