- 380: Byzantine emperor Theodosius I issues an edict recognising Christianity as the official religion of the state.
- 1770: Russian forces under Aleksey Grigoryevich Orlov, arrive in Mani setting off a rebellion by Greeks against the Ottoman Empire.
- 1949: During the Greek Civil War, government forces discover the secret location of the printing press of the communist newspaper "Morias".
- 1959: The Greek Parliament rejects by 170 to 117 the move to censure PM Constantine Karamanlis over his signing the Zurich and London agreements. ERE MPs applaud the result while Sophoklis Venizelos walks out of the chamber after he shouts "Long live Enosis!".
- 1962: The Hellenic Parliament approves Greece joining the European Common Market as an associate member.
- 2013: Nikos Anastasiades is installed as President of the Republic of Cyprus.
- 1991: Even without their fans, Aris beat Leverkusen 133-117 for the European Champions Cup. Aris were punished for the violence that broke out when the lights went out during a devastating game against Barcelona
- 1999: Proodeftiki record their first win over Iraklis in 31 years. PAOK record their first away win over Panathinaikos in 15 years.
- 1999: The Greek rhythmic team (featuring Irini Aindili, Eva Christodoulou, Hara Karyami, Anna Pollatou, Maria Georgatou and Kleoniki Georgakopoulou) wins the first gold medal (38.767 points) in its history at the Madera International Tournament.
- 2006: Georgios Samaras made a memorable debut for Greece by scoring the only goal in their win over Belarus at the start of an eight-nation friendly tournament in Cyprus.