Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1874: The cornerstone of the Zappeion is laid in Athens.
- 1905: A strong earthquake (6.4 on the Richter scale) strikes Magnesia and other parts of Thessaly, causing much damage.
- 1929: Aspasia Karatza wins the title of Miss Star Hellas in the first Greek beauty pageant.
- 1962: The official results of the 1961 Census are released - the population of Greece numbers 8,388,553 people.
- 1982: The first Greek test-tube baby - Christina Iordanidou - is born.
- 1930: The Greek National Football Team record their first ever win against Yugoslavia 2-1 (Giorgos Andrianopoulos, Dinos Andrianopoulos)
- 1976: PSAP is founded. Mimis Domazos is the first president (till December 10, 1978). Mimis Papaioannou succeeds him (till October 20, 1980). From that day on, Antonis Antoniadis takes charge (except for a short spell when he was appointed general manager of Panathinaikos and was replaced by Yiannis Gounaris)
- 1882: Prince Andrew of Greece
- 1948: Dimitris Dimitriou, footballer
- 1962: Thanasis Moustakidis, volleyball player