- 1935: Panagis Tsaldaris wins the Greek national elections which were boycotted by all parties loyal to Eleftherios Venizelos.
- 1980: Archbishop Iakovos receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom - the highest honour that the US bestowes on a civilian - from President Jimmy Carter.
- 1991: Fifty refugees from Northern Epirus are baptised in the Sakouleva River, Florina prefecture.
- 1976: Vasilis Chatzipanagis scores for Iraklis directly from the corner kick defeating Olympiacos with 3-1. "Vasia" scored 6 goals from the corner point in the 80s.
- 1979: Panionios upset AEK 3-1 and win the Greek Football Cup for the first time in their history.
- 1995: The OAKA indoors stadium opens to host Eurobasket 95
- 1950: Giorgos Kastrinakis, basketball player
- 1968: Niki Bakogianni, female athlete.
- 1977: Predrag Stojakovic basketball player.