Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1623: Gregory IV is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1939: An earthquake rocks Kalavryta, Achaea prefecture.
- 1941: The Battle of Crete ends in Allied defeat.
- 1973: The Junta declares the Greek Monarchy abolished.
- 1991: George Koskotas arrives in Athens after his extradition from the US. He is promptly jailed by Greek authorities.
- 1930: Panathinaikos thrash Olympiakos 8-2 in their greatest triumph ever over their "eternal enemies". Before the match Olympiakos fans carried a coffin into the stadium, in which they would bury their opponents. In the riots that followed, the coffin broke to pieces.
- 1972: Dusan Bajevic scores 5 goals in an international match (Yugoslavia - Venzuela 10-0)
- 2001: Greece's first away win over Russia (3-1) in volleyball history
- 2009: Panathinaikos defeat Olympiakos 91-84 and win the A1 basketball championship in Greece for the seventh time in a row.
- 2009: Predrag Djordjevic announces his retirement from football. The Olympiakos captain had been a mainstay in his team's midfield for the past 13 years.
- 1815: King Otto of Greece
- 1960: Georgios Lilikas, Foreign Minister of Cyprus.
- 1970: Alexi Lalas, Greek-American footballer.
- 1974: Akis Zikos, footballer