- January 6: Petrobey Mavromichalis is removed from his position of President of the executive committee of the Greek Revolution. He is replaced by Georgios Kountouriotis. This action will lead to infighting among the Greeks during the War of Independence.
- January 16: Petrobey Mavromichalis forms a rival government to that of Georgios Kountouriotis, in Tripolis.
- April 5: The supporters of Georgios Kountouriotis take Tripolis from the supporters of Petrobey Mavromichalis.
- June 7: The destruction of Kassos takes place during the Greek War of Independence.
- June 7: The supporters of Georgios Kountouriotis take Nafplion from the supporters of Petrobey Mavromichalis.
- June 12: The executive committee of the Greek Revolution enters Nafplion ending the civil conflict among the rival Greek revolutionary groups.
- June 21: During the Greek War of Independence, the Egyptians capture and destroy the island of Psara.
- July 2: The executive committee of the Greek Revolution grants amnesty to all supporters of Petrobey Mavromichalis.
- July 9: During the Greek War of Independence, Chrysanthus becomes Ecumenical Patriarch.
- July 17: A Turkish flotilla of 40 war ships, under Husrev Pasha, approaches Samos. Their aim was to destroy the island.
- August 19: The Egyptian fleet, under admiral Ismail Gibraltar and Ibrahim Pasha, arrives to reinforce the Turkish fleet of Husrev Pasha.
- August 22: Andreas Miaoulis arrives to take command of the Greek fleet that was opposing Husrev Pasha's intended invasion of Samos.
- August 29: The Battle of Gerontas takes place.
- November 1: The Greek fleet, under Andreas Miaoulis, defeats the fleet of Ibrahim Pasha off the coast of Heraklion, Crete.