Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 25: King Otto arrives in Greece.
- February 8: The drachma replaces the phoenix as the monetary unit of Greece.
- February 25: A regular Greek Army is established by royal decree.
- April 3: Greece is subdivided into 10 prefectures for administrative purposes.
- July 23: The Church of Greece declares itself independent of the Patriarch of Constantinople.
- September 7: War of Independence heroes Theodoros Kolokotronis, Dimitrios Plapoutas, Kitsos Tzavellas and Gennaios Kolokotronis are arrested on suspicion of treason.
- April 6: Adamantios Korais, Greek intellectual