- 1910: Landslide victory for Eleftherios Venizelos and his Liberal Party winning 307 out of 362 seats in Parliament.
- 1922: Five members of the Laiko Party - Dimitrios Gounaris, Nikolaos Stratos, Petros Protopapadakis, Nikolaos Theotokis, Georgios Baltatzis - as well as General Georgios Hadjanestis - are executed at Goudi, Athens, for their role in the Asia Minor disaster.
- 1944: PM Georgios Papandreou calls for the dissolution of all guerrila movements by December 10.
- 1950: Hellenic-Yugoslavian diplomatic relationships, severed during the Civil War, are re-established.
- 1955: EOKA member, Andreas Dimitriou, shoots and injures a British Intelligence agent named Taylor. For the assault, Dimitriou would become, along with Michalis Karaolis, one of the first two Cypriots hanged by the British during the EOKA struggle.
- 2002: The European Court of Human Rights awards a 13.7 million euro (4.6 billion drachmas) monetary compensation to the former King Constantine II and rules against the Greek government for the seizure of the royal property.
- 1946: Marios Lefkaritis, Cypriot football administrator.
- 1964: Roy Tarpley, basketball player
- 1972: Anastasia Kelesidou, athlete