- 1915: A powerful earthquake (6.6 on the Richter scale) strikes Ithaca and the surrounding area.
- 1915: Gen Ioannis Metaxas issues a report to PM Eleftherios Venizelos warning of the difficulties of Greek military involvement in Asia Minor.
- 1944: Athanassios Sembos makes the first attempt to set up a journalists' union after the war ends. The second attempt takes place on May 17, 1947. The union will assume legal existence after 1952.
- 1990: An Athens Appellate Court acquits Police Officer Athanasios Melistas in the 1985 shooting of 15-year old student Kaltezas.
- 2005: During a thunderstorm, a lighting bolt hit a support cable of the Rio-Antirrio Bridge. The fire was placed under control immediately, but questions arose over the security of the bridge.
- 1965: PAOK are crushed by Olympiakos 0-4 at Toumba thanks to goals by Botinos, Gioutsos, Aghanian and Giorgos Sideris. Eleven years later (January 4, 1976) PAOK will take their revenge at Karaiskaki Stadium (Olympiakos-PAOK 0-4)
- 2007: Sotiris Ninis (Panathinaikos), at the age of 16 years, 9 months and 24 days joins the list of soccer players under 17 to score in the Greek top soccer division (Panathinaikos - Panionios 2-0).